“Libraries are not made, they grow”~Augustine Birrell
The Friends of the Library is a charitable organization whose purpose is to support the vision of the St. Marys Public Library by raising funds to support special library projects, assisting with library programmes and promoting public recognition of the resources available through the library.
Mission: Supporting our Library through fundraising, service and advocacy.
Projects of the Friends of the Library:
- donating funds to furnish the reading room and children’s area
- sponsoring guest speakers for events, author readings, and book launches
- semi-annual fundraising book sale
- raising awareness through fundraising breakfasts at the St. Marys Farmers Market
- partnering with St. Marys Community Players and local restaurants for a dinner theatre package
- providing Welcome Packages to newcomers to the community
For more information about how to become a Friend of the Library download the brochure or contact the library at email@example.com